Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Round One....

So today is the day....Round one so to speak.....Today I am finally starting a blog.  Now, I can't promise that anything I have to say will be useful, interesting, or engaging, and maybe I will only be followed by family members that occasionally remember to check in, but I realized that my memory fails me too often these days.  The only way I might remember this time in my life may very well be by putting it down on paper.....well on text on a laptop that will be available for all of the world to see....not quite a diary but I hear this is how we are supposed to journal in the year 2012----BLOG!

I suppose I should describe what you can expect to find on my blog.  One word will pretty much sum things up-- KAYLEE-- She is my world and everything in my life revolves around her.  Kaylee is my 5 year old daughter (whoa I think having a 5 year old makes me old) with Cerebral Palsy.  Truth is, I hate describing her that way--like I have to include that nasty 2 word phrase to alert the world that she is not just Kaylee, my 5 year old, but she is Kaylee who you is different from most everyone else.

 I can't decide whether to classify myself as a stay at home Mom- since I do in fact "stay at home and be Mom" during the week- or as a Radiographer--because I work a full time job on the weekends also-who stays at home during the week..confusing?? LOL!  I am sure that I will eventually give details of my schedule, but  in the attempt to keep "round one" brief and to the point I will skip that looooooooong segment.

You can expect to see all kinds of photos and links to articles that deal with special needs, treatments, and such, videos, photos, pictures, and recordings--- yes I realize I repeated myself--I like to show off my little girl :) So please tune in regularly.  I am not sure if I will post daily, weekly, or whenever I feel like it.  Please feel free to ask questions along the way because in an effort to educate the general population about kids like mine, I have to be willing to let you into my world.....as scary as that may seem now.  Thanks for following me on this journey.  I hope I don't let you down  :)


1 comment:

  1. So glad you started a blog. I know what it is like to have your child categorized and I wish my daughter could be just my daughter too. I am excited to learn from your blog and of course to see the precious outfits on Kaylee!

    ReplyDelete